Our mission is to develop and promote the amateur sport of croquet in America, with a strong emphasis on using. our facilities for charitable and educational croquet programs that benefit individuals, our community and society in general.
Croquet is an outdoor, competitive, non-strenuous, low-impact physical activity requiring skill, coordination and a high degree of strategic thinking. The game emphasizes good sportsmanship and camaraderie. All of these characteristics have a proven, positive effect on physical and mental well-being, and thus on the health and longevity of individuals of all ages.
Current Special Program Areas in place or being developed, involving croquet for sport, health and fitness include:
In addition to our normal programming, CFA Special Events at the National Croquet Center include:
- Monthly Program for Alzheimer’s patients and their families
- Annual Senior Games Tournaments (golf croquet)
- Annual Holiday Toy Drive for Opportunity, Inc.
- Annual Valentine’s Day free, mass wedding (~40 couples) for the Palm Beach County Clerk
- Annual Croquet Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Dinner Dance
- Annual Charles P. Steuber Memorial Open Croquet Tournament
- As needed: Red Cross feeding station during hurricane emergencies
In addition to the educational, charitable and community service aspects of our events, we seek to introduce new people to the sport of croquet and its many healthful benefits. In this vein, and to further serve the local community, the CFA offers special discounted rates to all charitable organizations for their meetings or benefits — with or without croquet. Those served have included: